I’m a numbers and research type person. I like having access to lots of information. So when I saw the Grid addon I thought, “oh shiny”. Now I have a plan. Previously i’ve only ever done one raid! Yes a raid noob I know, but time is precious and raiding for hours is a hard thing for me to fit in. Anyway I was just healing the OT and helping with the MT, but I realised with my UI set up I didn’t even know who the others in the raid were. For all I knew they could all be dead! This, as a healer, is not something that is allowable!
So, when I get to 80 i’m going to give Grid a go. Here is the information I am going to use to set it up.
- Obviously you need to download the addon from Curse.com.
- WotK Healing Compendium v3.1 on Elitist Jerks – check out section “IX. Useful Addons and User Layout”. There is some really useful stuff in here, especially the “IX b. Setting up GRID to be useful as a Priest” section. This is an excellent, no nonsense instruction on how to set up Grid for healing priests.
- Mystic Chicanery has a couple of excellent posts about her Grid setup. Check them out. In one she describes her set up and interprets what Grid is showing her and the second is how she uses Clique to heal with Grid.
- Phae @ Resto4Life has a post on her use of Grid. Its a bit more Druid orientated discussing some Druid specific Grid addons, but still worth a read.
- The post that initially piqued my interest in Grid is on WowInsider. I found it a bit harder to follow, but I think it will be worth re-reading it after I have my basic Grid setup in place.
- Shadow Weaving has a decent overview of Grid, which is worth a look.
- Finally if you do go down the Clique road like Mystic Chicanery, WowAce has a Clique overview, which is a good place to start for that addon.
- Tree Bark Jacket did an entire project on raid UI’s including Grid
- /grid config (for Uldar) on Shadow Weaving
- Llyra from Healing Way’s Configuring Grid
- Dreambound’s Grid Debuffs.
- Falling Leaves and Wings on The Great Grid Project Results
- Getting GRID ready for week 1 Crusaders Coliseum also on Falling Leaves and Wings
- Rejuvo’s post on his Grid setup with good instructions
- Bati’s nice holy priest setup guide at Holy Nova Now!
- Shy @ Wow’s Grid + Clique guide
When I get to 80 i’ll do a How to Grid part 2 about how I actually did it. Hopefully a step-by-step guide.
Hmmm, perhaps I need a “my current UI” post first so you can see the difference. Hmmm.
Edit: See How to Grid – part 2