Just a quickie. Just in case you live in a bubble and didn’t know patch 3.0.8 is live on the public test realms. Full notes are here. My quick comments below.
- Abolish Disease and Cure Disease can now be cast while in Shadowform.
Nice, soon i’ll be able to heal in shadow form 😉
- Holy: Circle of Healing now has a 6 second cool down.
Holy priests will now have to re-engage their brain. I know it wasn’t quite that bad, but you have to admit you were becoming lazy.
- Levitate is now castable on others.
I’m sure I can resist the urge to cast this very cheap spell on party members at random 🙂
- Shadowform: You can now shift into Shadowform while mounted or sitting.
Well, this is an interesting change. I wander if warriors will be able to change stance while mounted… Being continually in SF was part of the reason I stopped being a spriest. This helps a little. Now if only they had their niche (or any niche) back.
- All flasks no longer require an alchemy lab to create.
A nice annoyance removed.
- Racial restrictions on mounts have now been lifted. Night elves on mechanostriders? Tauren on raptors? You’re not seeing things.
Why? Seems another piece of WoW flavour has been killed off in the interest of homogenising WoW. A shame.
- Tapping: All player spells which cause a creature to become aggressive to you will now also immediately cause the creature to be tapped.
- We have added over 60 new graveyards to Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms.
Darn! There goes the rant post about my new warrior and the lack of graveyards. This was giving me the you know whats. This is a good thing.
- The run speed in spirit form has been increased by 50%. Night Elves in Wisp form will now move at 75% speed.
Handy. Very handy. Especially for the above noob warrior who was dying with frightening frequency.
There have been a few significant looking changes to shaman in the patch, but they are mostly in the Elemental tree with which I have pretty much zero experience. So I can’t offer any insightful one word comments on them 😉
- Titan’s Grip: The hit chance penalty has been removed.
I’m sure the warrior blogs will have more to say regarding this one. I’m not really concerned either way. A nice buff to Fury though.
- Taunt: Range increased to 30 yards.
This was a little annoying so a nice little buff.
There were a heap of class changes to classes I don’t know much about also.