OK, ok, stop laughing! Yes I know, LOLwell, etc, etc. Something strange happened to me towards the end of last night’s raid. A raider thanked me for dropping Lightwell so often!!!! Yes I know amazing! I use Lightwell!! 🙂 Not only that but some of the raiders know how to use it and love it. A few others chimed in in agreement.
It happened earlier in the night too. Mid raid vs Freya (heroic) and one of the tanks responds to the RL’s reminder to stand under mushrooms in Vent with, “don’t worry i’m camped under one hugging this awesome Lightwell.”
I smiled. 🙂
Lets look at this strange little spell. It lasts 3 minutes on a 3 minute CD. Costs about the same mana as a single Flash Heal or Renew (i.e. very little) with a cast time about half a second. It has 10 uses/charges and sometime in the deep dark past of WoW was changed so that you can’t use a second charge if you already have one on you. Each use heals for about 7.5k over 6 seconds. Taking a charge (using the Lightwell) does not activate the global cool down. In fact you can apparently use the Lightwell at anytime, even while feared, stunned, silenced, etc. I’ve used it while silenced just fine. It requires a single talent point in the Holy tree to acquire. Just about the only downside is that you can’t make people use it.
Some awesome uses for Lightwell:
- Cast near the ranged players in phase 2 or near range tank/bomb disposal tank in phase 3 of Mimiron.
- Cast near the raid for Freya. People always need healing.
- Cast near the first stacking point for Auriya and grab a charge as your are feared past it or returning to the raid stack.
- Cast over near where the adds spawn on Razorscale (phase 1) so the add tank can grab a charge each pick-up.
- Cast towards the back of the room for Kologarn. Players kiting eye beams (and others) can grab a charge.
- Cast on the platform for Heigan
- Cast in the middle of the room on Grobulus so those injected can grab a charge as they return to their position
- Cast near yourself on KT so you can heal yourself when Frost Blasted (haven’t tried this but should work)
You get the idea. Melee players tend to have a bit more trouble using it, I assume because actually seeing and right clicking it can be challenging in the middle of combat, but ranged players and any time people get spread out it works like a charm.
At first you might not find many using your Ligthwell, but if you keep casting it players start getting the hang of it pretty quick.
So come on! Abandon the Cult of Disc and join the Cult of Lightwell (Sexual initiation? I have no idea what your talking about 😉 ).