I did it! I survived six entire months of blogging without going more than a little bit insane. 🙂
What have I learnt? Not much really. Some random stuff:
- Giving your posts sensible names goes a long way towards search engine optimisation. Just search for “holy priest gear 3.1” or similar to see what I mean.
- A couple thousand readers seem to find what I have to write at least remotely interesting. Although mostly they are just looking for gear lists.
- There are not many elemental shaman blogs out there and each post about them generates good traffic. I feel for you guys I just can’t think of anything constructive to say about elementalist DPS that I haven’t already said.
- Elitist Jerks are very strict about comments. Every time I post on their forums I get a warning for something or other.
- Regular posting writing actually takes quite a bit of time.
- Writing is much easier when there are big changes in-game, such as new patches, and sometimes a struggle when there’s not.
A big thanks to all those who have commented or supported me over the first six months. Only six more months to go to reach my goal of blogging every second day for a year.