This isn’t going to be a detailed post with all the calculations in it. It is just a summary of changes and how it will effect stat weights and gear lists.
For reference here are the existing calculations for 3.1 mechanics and the posts linked from that one.
Existing stat weights:
1) 20% less Replenishment
Replenishment: This buff now grants 1% of the target’s maximum mana over 5 seconds instead of 0.25% per second. This applies to all 5 sources of Replenishment (Vampiric Touch, Judgements of the Wise, Hunting Party, Enduring Winter Frostbolts and Soul Leech).
3.1 MP5 of Replenishment is:
This results in 19943 x 80% x 0.25% x 5 = 199 MP5 for Discipline and 17806 x 80% x 0.25% x 5 = 178 MP5 for Holy.
New 3.2 MP5 of Replenishment equals:
- Discipline = 19943 x 80% x 1% = 160 MP5 (about 39 MP5 less than in 3.1)
- Holy = 17806 x 80% x 1% = 142 MP5 (about 36 MP5 less than in 3.1)
3.1 Intellect MP5 value from Replenishment is:
- Intellect MP5 weighting for Replenishment (Disc) = 0.1725
- Intellect MP5 weighting for Replenishment (Holy) = 0.15
New 3.2 Intellect MP5 value from Replenishment is:
- Discipline = 80% x 1% x Mana gained per Intellect (15) x Mental Strength bonus (1.15) = 0.138
- Holy = 80% x 1% x Mana gained per Intellect (15) = 0.12
2) 25% more MP5 on gear – i’m assuming this will be retrospectve, so existing gear with MP5 on it will get 25% more when 3.2 goes live.
Currently I have about 90 MP5 on my gear. In 3.2 this would be 90 x 1.25 = 112 MP5 (about 22 MP5 more than in 3.1). Compare this with the replenishment nerf above and you’ll see Turkelife will lose about 14-17 MP5 overall in 3.2.
To simulate this on the existing gear I am increasing the stat weight of MP5 by 25%. So 1 + (1 x 25%) = 1.25
New 3.2 stat weights:
So the short story is, dont change your gearing in anticipation of 3.2. Perhaps just hold onto any gear with MP5 on it, just in case the 25% buff to MP% on gear becomes a 100% buff or similar.
Tier 8 priests are losing about 14-17 MP5 overall in 3.2.