I’m going to go out on a limb and put this up now, even though 3.2 might not break for a couple of months and things might change. I’m mainly putting it up now because I am moving to a more throughput bias for tier 8.5+ priests and you might like to start applying this to gear you collect in preparation for 3.2.
Previously for 3.1 I did a mass of work theorycrafting a set of stat weights for healing priests. This is the updated version for 3.2. To prevent having to post another six or seven post series explaining all the detail I am just going to post the summary (at this point). The formula are all the same with the exception of Replenishment, which has been simplified. For the detail of how these calculations were made refer to that older post.
So I am using pretty much the same model as previously, however I have changed some of the assumptions. As at tier 8.5 priests have more intellect, spirit and spell power generally I have increased the base levels for these in the model. I have also included some of the standard buffs any raiding priest is likely to have. This includes Inner Fire (+174 SP), Prayer of Spirit (+80 spirit), Gift of the Wild (+37 to all attributes), Dalaran Brilliance (+60 intellect) and Blessing of Kings (+10% all attributes).
Also, in my experience in Ulduar (i.e. T8 and T8.5 content levels) mana regen is relatively less important than for priests starting Naxxramas (T7 and T7.5 content). This is because the levels of mana regen stats such as intellect, spirit and MP5 on the gear at this level is sufficient to give a reasonable mana regen. To this end I have increased the throughput:mana regen (spell power:MP5) ratio from the 0.6 I used previously to 2.0. Above tier 8.5 gearing level spell power is the only stat which scales well and continues to give strong additive benefits.
It is important to note that at tier 7.5 and below you are better to use the stat weights in my older posts. This is because a fresh level 80 healing priest needs stats in order something like this:
MP5 > Intellect > Spirit > SP > Crit > Haste
At tier 9 your stat priority is going to be more like:
SP >> Haste > Crit > Intellect > Spirit > MP5.
Assumptions are generally the same as my previous post with the following exceptions:
- Mana regeneration is based on the caster spending 90% of their fight time inside the 5 second rule (up from 80% previously).
- Stats, where required, are based on Turkelife’s approximate stats at time of writing. This is about a T8.5 gearing level:
- Intellect 1488.5 (1100 base and including talents and buffs mentioned above)
- Spirit 991.5 (750 base)
- Spell power 2374 (2200 base)
- Intellect 1197 (1000 base)
- Spirit 1098.76 (850 base)
- Spell power 2649 (2200 base)
- Fight length is 8 minutes (up from 6 minutes)
- Surge of Light procs are assumed to be used 90% of the time (up from 70%)
- Replenishment now gives 1% total mana over 5s, instead of 0.25% per second
- Inspiration now gives 10% physical damage reduction, instead of about 5% via armour increases previously
Here they are broken down into their components.
- Discipline = 1.00
- Holy = 1.00
- Discipline = 0.4138
- MP5 value from mana regen = 0.4138
- Holy = 1.0278
- MP5 value from mana regen = 0.3675
- MP5 value from Holy Concentration = 0.0827
- MP5 value from Spiritual Guidance = 0.5775
- Discipline = 1.1483
- MP5 value from mana regen = 0.1494
- MP5 value from maximum mana = 0.1976
- MP5 value from Replenishment = 0.1518
- MP5 value from Shadowfiend = 0.0790
- MP5 value from Rapture = 0.1581
- MP5 value from critical healing = 0.2016
- MP5 value from Divine Aegis = 0.1815
- MP5 value from Inspiration = 0.0291
- Holy = 0.8403
- MP5 value from mana regen = 0.1606
- MP5 value from Holy Concentration = 0.0361
- MP5 value from maximum mana = 0.1718
- MP5 value from Replenishment = 0.132
- MP5 value from Shadowfiend = 0.0687
- MP5 value from critical healing = 0.1855
- MP5 value from Surge of Light = 0.0614
- MP5 value from Inspiration = 0.0240
- Discipline = 2.0
- Holy = 2.0
- Discipline = 1.1851
- MP5 value from critical healing = 0.5798
- MP5 value from Divine Aegis = 0.5218
- MP5 value from Inspiration = 0.0836
- Holy = 0.8959
- MP5 value from critical healing = 0.6135
- MP5 value from Surge of Light = 0.2029
- MP5 value from Inspiration = 0.0794
- Discipline = 0.2
- Holy = 0.2
- Discipline = 1.0713
- MP5 value from hasted healing = 1.0713
- Holy = 1.1337
- MP5 value from hasted healing = 1.1337
Pawn values for these are:
( Pawn: v1: "Discipline32": Stamina=0.2, Intellect=1.1483, Spirit=0.4138, RedSocket=46, CritRating=1.1851, MetaSocket=104.1137, HasteRating=1.0713, BlueSocket=28.1381, YellowSocket=35.4827, SpellPower=2, Mp5=1)
( Pawn: v1: "Holy32": Stamina=0.2, Intellect=0.8403, Spirit=1.0278, RedSocket=46, CritRating=0.8959, MetaSocket=97.6467, HasteRating=1.1337, BlueSocket=34.2779, YellowSocket=32.4032, SpellPower=2, Mp5=1)
Note that the gem values are derived from the best-in-slot gems for each socket. These are Insightful Earthsiege Diamond (meta), Luminous Flawless Ametrine (yellow), Runed Cardinal Ruby (red) and Purified Dreadstone (blue). The Insightful Earthsiege Diamond value assumes the equip effect of this gem grats 80 MP5. Therefore it adds 80 to the value of the meta gem.
How much MP5 are abilities worth a T8.5 gearing level?
- Replenishment about 170-210 MP5
- Shadowfiend about 90-110 MP5
- Rapture about 215 MP5
- Holy Concentration about 75 MP5
- Divine Aegis about 600 MP5 at 25% crit!
- Surge of light about 232 MP5 at 25% crit
- Inspiration about 90 MP5 at 25% crit
Some notable changes in this 3.2 version are:
- The tripling of the spell power to MP5 ratio from 0.6 to 2.0 results in the value of throughput stats (critical rating and haste rating) increasing roughly in proportion. This also increases the value of spirit to holy priests.
- As the fight duration is now 8 minutes instead of 6 minutes (Ulduar fights are generally longer) the contribution of intellect has diminished slightly. This is because total mana pool now has to last longer (i.e. you get less MP5 from the same mana pool). This also diminishes the value of Shadowfiend, assuming it is still only used once per fight.
I will do gear lists at some stage to include new 3.2 gear. Thanks for reading and your constructive comments.