Some of you will be in the same situation as me regarding the new tier gear. If you look at any gear ranking websites you’ll see that a large chunk of the top gear looks to be tier gear and it all has similar sounding names. This post will be an attempt to explain it in English.
I have to say straight up that I think the naming of this stuff is atrocious. If you were a hordie priest like me and had the choice of Zabra’s Cowl of Conquest, Velen’s Cowl of Triumph or Zabra’s Circlet of Triumph, which would you choose? No idea? Me either without looking up each piece individually. For the record:
- Zabra’s Cowl of Conquest = Horde healing T9 head piece
- Velen’s Cowl of Triumph = Alliance healing T9.5 head piece
- Zabra’s Circlet of Triumph = Horde shadow priest T9.5+ head piece
So Zabra’s Cowl of Conquest was the correct answer.
- T7 – item level (ilvl) 200 – Drops from Naxxramas 10 man and similar raids, and can be bought with Emblems of Heroism – e.g. Heroes’ XXXX of Faith, e.g. Heroes’ Crown of Faith
- T7.5 – ilvl 213 – Drops from Naxxramas 25 man and similar raids, and can be bought with Emblems of Valor – e.g. Valorous XXXX of Faith, e.g. Valorous Crown of Faith
- T8 – ilvl 219 – Drops from Ulduar 10 man raids – Valorous XXXX of Sanctification, e.g. Valorous Cowl of Sanctification
- T8.5 – ilvl 226 – Drops from Ulduar 25 man raids and can be bought with Emblems of Conquest – Conqueror’s XXXX of Sanctification, e.g. Conqueror’s Cowl of Sanctification (the more cynical among us would say it now also falls from the sky and heroics since 3.2 😉 )
- T9 – ilvl 232 – Drops from Crusaders’ Coliseum in 10 man normal mode and can be bought with Emblems of Triumph. Zabra’s/Velen’s XXXX of Conquest, e.g. Zabra’s/Velen’s Cowl of Conquest
- T9.5 – ilvl 245 – Drops from Crusaders’ Coliseum in 10 man heroic mode and 25 man normal mode (item dropped is called Trophy of the Crusade). Zabra’s/Velen’s XXX of Triumph, e.g. Zabra’s/Velen’s Cowl of Triumph. Requires both a Trophy of the Crusade and Emblems of Triumph to exchange.
- T9.5+ – ilvl 258 – Drops from Crusaders’ Coliseum in 25 man heroic mode (item dropped is called Trophy of the Grand Crusade??). Zabra’s/Velen’s XXXX of Triumph, e.g. Zabra’s/Velen’s Cowl of Triumph. I am not 100% sure of the naming convention for this tier. It may instead be called Zabra’s/Velen’s Heroic Cowl of Triumph or similar. Requires both a Trophy of the Grand Crusade(??) and Emblems of Triumph to exchange.
BTW i’ve invented the naming conventions for tier 9. There are three sub tiers in tier nine so the normal T9/T9.5 isn’t going to work. I’ve called it T9.5+ just for convenience. I have no idea what the WoW community will settle on.
For some basic information about the earlier tiers try this older post.
For tier 9:
- Horde = Zabra prefix
- Alliance = Velen prefix
- Head – Cowl/crown = healing version, circlets = shadow priest version
- Shoulders – Shoulderpads = healing, mantle = shadow priests
- Chest – Robe = healing, raiments = shadow priests
- Hands – Gloves = healing, handwraps = shadow priests
- Legs – Leggings = healing, pants = shadow priests
I will do gear lists for healing priests for 3.2 before too much longer, but if you want a head start try the LootRank links in my theorycrafting post.