There are three areas which are affected by Critical Rating. There is the base 50% additional healing which results from a critical and then there is then one talent for each of the healing schools which is crit based. These are Divine Aegis for discipline and Surge of Light for holy.
- Mana regeneration including Spell Power and Stamina
- Mana pool
- Haste rating
- Critical rating
- Summary including LootRank and Pawn values
- Flash Heal is being spammed (1887 base heal, 81% co-efficient. 1.5s cast time)
- Discipline has 2774 spell power
- Holy has 3096 spell power
- 45.91 Crit Rating equals 1% Crit
- 167 Intellect equals 1% crit. However as we are including talents and Blessing of Kings the amount of intellect on gear required for 1% crit is 132 for discipline and 151.8 for holy
- Base 30% over-heal with 50% for critical hits
- Divine Aegis is 70% consumed.
- Surge of Light procs are 90% consumed
Base Critical value
Healing spells that critically hit heal the target for 150% of their normal healing value. To calculate the value of this additional healing we assume that the caster is using Flash Heal and use the attributes associated with that spell. To determine its value as MP5 we equate the total heal for the FH as MP5 based on the SP to MP5 ratio (2.0:1) and then calculate how much is additional healing is due to the critical. Over-healing is also taken into account.
Flash Heal Crit MP5 value = (base heal + (SP * SP co-efficient)) * SP MP5 value * proportion from crit * (1 - over-heal %)
FH Crit MP5 value (Disc) = (1887+(2774*80.68%))*2*0.5*(1-0.5)
FH Crit MP5 value (Disc) = 2062
FH Crit MP5 value (Holy) = 2190 (Holy FH crits are bigger)
1% FH Crit MP5 value (Disc) = 20.6253
1% FH Crit MP5 value (Holy) = 21.9081
These numbers are now converted to Critical Rating and Intellect values:
- Crit rating MP5 = 20.6253/45.91 = 0.4493
- Intellect MP5 = 20.6253/132 = 0.1562
- Crit rating MP5 = 21.9081/45.91 = 0.4772
- Intellect MP5 = 21.9081/151.8 = 0.1443
Discipline priests have an additional effect that triggers on healing critical hits. Divine Aegis creates an additional 30% of the total critical heal value as a damage absorption bubble. To calculate its MP5 value we need to once again assume Flash Heal is being cast and then calculate the MP5 value of the Flash Heal and the associated Divine Aegis.
Divine Aegis FH MP5 value = (base heal + (SP * SP co-efficient)) * SP MP5 value * 1.5 * DA bonus * DA consumption rate
Divine Aegis FH MP5 value = (1887 + (2774 * 80.68%)) * 2.0 * 1.5 * 0.3 * 0.7
Divine Aegis FH MP5 value = 2598
1% DA FH MP5 value = 25.98
Divine Aegis Crit Rating MP5 value = 25.98/45.91 = 0.5661
Divine Aegis Intellect MP5 value = 25.98/132 = 0.1969
Divine Aegis, under a Flash Heal spamming scenario, provides a lot of extra throughput at this level of gearing. High spell power and high critical hit chance grant Divine Aegis quite a lot of value in this model.
Surge of Light
Holy also have a critical based talent which creates MP5 value. Surge of Light provides free Flash Heals, 50% of the time, following a spell critical. However the free Flash Heal can not result in a critical hit so it effectively only occurs 33% of the time.
SoL MP5 per 1% crit = Spell mana cost / cast speed * 5 * proc rate * consumption rate / 100
SoL MP5 per 1% crit = 621/1.5*5*33%*90%/100
SoL MP5 per 1% crit = 9.315
SoL Crit Rating MP5 value = 6.15/45.91 = 0.1339
SoL Intellect MP5 value = 6.15/151.8 = 0.0405
There is one more ability we can have a go at estimating the value off and that is Inspiration. This talent provides a buff to healing targets which reduces damage received by 10%. At first glance this doesn’t sound like much, but when you consider that a tank can take 1 million (1,000,000)points of damage in a eight minute boss fight the 10% damage reduction starts to add up.
- Inspiration reduces all physical damage received by 10%
- Uptime is about 60%. Single target healing uptime is about 90%, but raid healing uptime is about 40%. To make the calculations simpler i’ve assumed a middle of the range 60% uptime.
- 30% critical chance
- MP5 value per Flash Heal is 2062 for Discipline and 2190 for Holy. This is calculated in my critical rating theorycrafting post for 3.3.
- Mana cost of Flash Healing is 528 for Discipline and 621 for Holy
Damage reduction per 1% critical chance = 10%*60%/30 = 0.20%
Damage reduction = 0.20% * 1000000 = 2000
Flash heals saved per 1% critical for:
Discipline = 2000 / 2062 = 0.9697 Flash Heals
Holy = 2000 / 2190 = 0.9129 Flash Heals
Inspiration MP5 per 1% critical = (FH mana cost * FH saved) / fight duration * 5
Discipline Inspiration MP5 per 1% critical = (528 * 0.9697) / 480 * 5 = 5.3334
Holy Inspiration MP5 per 1% critical = (621 * 0.9129) / 480 * 5 = 5.9053
Inspiration Crit Rating MP5 = Inspiration MP5 per 1% critical / Crit rating per 1% crit
Inspiration Crit Rating MP5 for discipline = 5.3334 / 45.91 = 0.1162
Inspiration Crit Rating MP5 for holy = 5.9053 / 45.91 = 0.1286
Inspiration Intellect MP5 = Inspiration MP5 per 1% critical / Intellect per 1% crit (remembering to include talents and buffs)
Inspiration Intellect MP5 for discipline = 5.3334 / 132.0158 = 0.0404
Inspiration Intellect MP5 for holy = 5.9053 / 151.8182 = 0.0389
Edit: For an excellent theorycrafting post on Inspiration check out Zusterke’s effort on World of Snarkcraft.
Final critical related stat weightings are:
- Critical rating
- Base critical rating MP5 weighting = 0.4493
- Divine Aegis critical rating MP5 weighting = 0.5661
- Inspiration critical rating MP5 weighting = 0.1162
- Base Intellect MP5 weighting = 0.1562
- Divine Aegis Intellect MP5 weighting = 0.1969
- Inspiration Intellect MP5 weighting = 0.0404
- Critical rating
- Base critical MP5 weighting = 0.4772
- SoL critical rating MP5 weighting = 0.1339
- Inspiration critical rating MP5 weighting = 0.1286
- Base Intellect MP5 weighting = 0.1443
- SoL Intellect MP5 weighting = 0.0405
- Inspiration Intellect MP5 weighting = 0.0389
Finally next we conclude with the summary.