Let us gather the various parts together and have a look at some of the numbers. This post also includes LootRanks and Pawn values.
- Mana regeneration including Spell Power and Stamina
- Mana pool
- Haste rating
- Critical rating
- Summary including LootRank and Pawn values
Summary of stat weights
- Discipline = 1.00
- Holy = 1.00
- Discipline = 0.4272
- MP5 value from mana regen = 0.4272
- Holy = 1.0516
- MP5 value from mana regen = 0.3818
- MP5 value from Holy Concentration = 0.0924
- MP5 value from Spiritual Guidance = 0.58
- Discipline = 1.1551
- MP5 value from mana regen = 0.1552
- MP5 value from maximum mana = 0.1977
- MP5 value from Replenishment = 0.1518
- MP5 value from Shadowfiend = 0.0988
- MP5 value from Rapture = 0.1581
- MP5 value from critical healing = 0.1562
- MP5 value from Divine Aegis = 0.1969
- MP5 value from Inspiration = 0.0404
- Holy = 0.8162
- MP5 value from mana regen = 0.1632
- MP5 value from maximum mana = 0.1719
- MP5 value from Replenishment = 0.132
- MP5 value from Shadowfiend = 0.0859
- MP5 value from critical healing = 0.1443
- MP5 value from Surge of Light = 0.0405
- MP5 value from Holy Concentration = 0.0395
- MP5 value from Inspiration = 0.0389
- Discipline = 2.0
- Holy = 2.0
- Discipline = 1.1315
- MP5 value from critical healing = 0.4493
- MP5 value from Divine Aegis = 0.5661
- MP5 value from Inspiration = 0.1162
- Holy = 0.7397
- MP5 value from critical healing = 0.4772
- MP5 value from Surge of Light = 0.1339
- MP5 value from Inspiration = 0.1286
- Discipline = 0.2
- Holy = 0.2
- Discipline = 0.6309
- MP5 value from hasted healing = 0.6309
- Holy = 0.6227
- MP5 value from hasted healing = 0.6096
Below are a pair of links to LootRank gear lists which are a good place to start with looking at the application of these stat weights.
Pawn values for these are:
( Pawn: v1: "Discipline33": Stamina=0.2, Intellect=1.1551, Spirit=0.4273, CritRating=1.1315, MetaSocket=104.257, HasteRating=0.6309, SpellPower=2, Mp5=1)
( Pawn: v1: "Holy33": Stamina=0.2, Intellect=0.8162, Spirit=1.0516, CritRating=0.7397, MetaSocket=97.1392, HasteRating=0.6096, SpellPower=2, Mp5=1)
Spell power is still king for both specs. The hunt for spell power, especially when gemming and enchanting will continue.
For discipline spec priests critical rating and intellect continue to be primary stats. Although critical rating vs haste rating is a personal preference critical rating outshines haste rating completely on a theorycrafting basis. Even in an unlimited mana scenario (which is actually feasible at T9.5), where discipline haste rating rises to 1.1621, ciritcal rating (1.3610) provides better value for itemisation. Spirit continues to be the poor cousin to intellect.
Edit: For an interesting read regarding crit vs haste check out Zusterke’s PlusHeal post on the subject.
For holy spec priests the stats are more evenly balanced. Spirit, intellect, critical rating and haste rating (in an unlimited mana scenario – 1.2344) are all evenly valued. In my experience holy priests continue to have significantly more mana issues than discipline priests decreasing the value of haste significantly.
How much MP5 are abilities worth a T9.5 gearing level?
- Replenishment about 172-237 MP5
- Shadowfiend about 129-155 MP5
- Rapture about 247 MP5
- Holy Concentration about 100 MP5
- Divine Aegis about 909 MP5 at 35% crit
- Surge of light about 215 MP5 at 35% crit
- Inspiration is about 186-206 MP% at 35% crit
Thanks for reading and your constructive comments.